<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 13, 2003

 
I got lucky last night - watched a good movie from TV's usually-mediocre selection. I didn't even know Runaway Virus was showing until it started, and didn't know it was good until I watched. 1918 had always struck me as a war year. The movie got me intrigued, led me to probe on an occurrence in 1918 I didn't know about, at least until yesterday. And I began to understand more why the recent SARS scare was, and still is, the cause for a big whoo-haa. I have decided to read up on this topic (via library borrowings/ bookstore purchases - if I have money to spare) in the holidays when I am less tied down by collegial burdens. Never underestimate the educational values of a relatively-unknown flop-type movie.


And you thought this is only a 2003 phenomenon.


Two informative links, if you are still interested.
Arctic Graves May Yield Clues on 1918 Epidemic
The 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic, and the Hong Kong Incident

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?