<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, September 26, 2003

 
I was at the airport tonight to send a friend off to the greener pastures of Edinburgh. Quite the same old, the photo-taking the hugs the jokes and ultimately, the tear-filled eyes. Evidently the happy moment, yet with a tinge of lingering sadness of leaving the loved ones behind. The airport never fails to tempt me with the possibilities of exploring the world out there via the exit of its gates, and I would gladly exchange places with the male-in-question tonight. With thoughts like this, it seems to make me less emotional compared to other girls around me. The usual claims of 'I can't bear to leave the comfortable nest', 'It's tough to be out there alone and self-reliant with no one familiar in a strange place' don't bother me much, instead I long for that adrenaline rush of independence, of a new experience. Hopes that have been so far dampened by the lack of opportunity and financing. I envy all who get to go, even for a term.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?