<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

 
I was there, Day 02 of The Tesseract, inappropriately dressed in shentonway garb. It doesn't make much of a difference, really when for the most part of the gig the lights were dimmed. I just don't make much of a fashion fernky statement at the doors, probably the only time when everyone could catch a glimpse of whoever the fernky others were there. In blatant fluorescent light. And so it was there that I spotted the familiar wicked twosome of 86 and w. Been quite a while since I last saw them. 86 seemed to have put on weight, a lil.. (grins) or maybe fat people (I am well on the way to becoming one if I still don't do anything) do have an elongated-perspective of the world around them. Talking to w. he still struck me as the awkward friendly nice guy like last time, even though we know he isn't in any sense awkward at all. That impression sorta stuck - maybe it's the way he speaks the way he ruffles his hair to show it's in a new all-black style the way he slouches abit, but it's well, all good. After all, these are the two guys who got me started on blogs. The influence of their wit spreads far and wide even though they didn't know me then, and I was just the curious bystander looking on at another aspect of how youth live their lives on the island. Yesterday I was the poseur yet again, trying to be the youth I never was in my teens. Definitely smells like teen spirit. Back on the actual gig itself.. I thought Bigred.Moment was messed up with too many instruments ditto too many guys. The overall effect, messedup loud gunk. Also, Phorous left quite an impression because there's this weak-looking specky geek with an oversized guitar (the guitar was just normal, he was too small) yet his band unexpectedly turned out to play quite a spunky earful. Very nice music, fancy the instrumentals way more than the songs with the malay lead vocals. And, as much as Siao On bears a grudge against her for scratching his bass sometime back, I'll still say Two Thumbs up for Ginette Chittick (Is this your real name or what?), she's almost like everything I'd ever wanted to be - designer, photographer, bassist, stylomylo girl in band, etc. What I find most attractive about her is her unique sense of style and design, how she did up websites or took pictures. Lovely expressions of individualism and post-mod art! It's cos of her that I went for the gig and well, she didn't disappoint at all. I heard her sing for the first time and like what I hear even though the drums and guitars nearly drowned out her vocals. Astreal pretty much believes in Loudness for impact. They were the loudest band that night. And what Ginette made me realize, she isn't the best looking girl around, but her character her attitude quite makes up for everything. Essentially the epitome of what I hope I could be.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?