<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 21, 2003

 
I'd stayed up last night to watch Kill Bill Vol.1 at 1am, fresh from the internet. I could have watched it later, at any other time but I chose to watch it the moment it completed downloading. With that, I also chose not to go for my morning jog the next day as it's quite a good bet I would be snuggled in bed at 8am. All I could say, it's worth it, crawled into bed at 3am a satisfied and fulfilled soul. I enjoyed the movie in its entirety, although it does get very gory at times. Apart from that, I love the pop-art comic heightened-dramatic stylistic approach Tarantino has taken. I love every bit of it. I love the soundtrack, in fact am listening to it as I am typing this. I love the dark humor. I love how each line of dialogue is painstakingly crafted, jewelled and so defined. I love The Bride and O-Ren Ishii and Go Go Yubari, a coincidence how they are all females even though I'm strictly not much of a feminist. But feminism it is in this arthouse film, and I have no problems with it. I can't wait for Vol.2 to be out.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?