<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 20, 2003

 
It's the weekend yeah. But I didn't manage to make as full use of it as I'd wished to, as most weekends are. Met Ham for a quick lunch on Friday and he gave me my first (and possibly only) christmas present this year, an Aragorn poster! I'm really thrilled with the surprise gift, although there isn't anywhere I could stick it up. Taping it on the wall would result in doubly quick degeneration and I didn't manage to get any poster frames on my bedroom walls, as presumed years ago. So for now, it's rolled up in plastic, safe and sound. The last two days were stressful, spent doing an ad hoc project for a director. To be frank, it was self-imposed stress. I'd wanted to give my best shot. In the end, I couldn't do as much as I'd wanted to within the given time span but I guess I might have exceeded expectations by abit. Will know when he passes the verdict on Monday/ Tuesday. I have spent most of today sleeping haha, had woken up late and then fallen alseep at the sofa since pouring rain in the afternoon makes good cozy moments. I'd just watched Swimming Pool on my laptop, pleased with the fact that I have saved $8.50. It was made out to be erotic thriller, although to me, the movie is either erotic or a thriller, at different points in time. And I'm already stretching it with the use of the word 'thriller'. I wasn't in great anticipation of the next scene to solve the mystery, well the mystery wasn't much to start with, tainted with a certain lack of French (No subtitles! But I manage to make it through). I don't really fancy Charlotte Rampling maybe because she played Sarah Morton too fine - with stiff upper lip, boring, stubborn, conniving, frigid and being too proud to admit she is wrong. Anyhow the twist at the end caught me unawares. I suppose it's all a fragment of her imagination, that we are reading her novel all along. From middle-age loneliness to sexual reawakening and self-resolution, it seems to get more palatable as I digest . I dig the part when Ludivine Sagnier was telling Rampling about her first love at 16, how he was the first guy who proposed to her, and how she was so touched she could only cry. That subtle bit got me. Festive week ahead gleaming with Middle Earth glory, only to signal that I probably can't meet M's deadline but also that J would be here in two week's time. Erm not something to look forward to since I gotta start exercising soon... Ok, a morning jog tomorrow I hope.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?