<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 04, 2003

 
JW, one of the three partners in my assigned department sprung on my friend and I after lunch today. We didn't quite expect him to appear as the office was near-empty and we were just about settling down after a hurried lunch. What followed was an hour-long chat which quite altered my perspectives on accounting and audit, the path I should follow and how I should plan my life etc. While he could be quite long-winded at times (hence the one hour), I find him a nice boss, almost like a wise corporate daddy giving me tips on how to cope with jobs and ambitions. The only drawback: Does the friendly jolly chap say this same thing to all the incoming interns - praise them make them feel good so that they will perform? And I guess I fell for the trick if ever there was one. Today is the third day of the attachment yet I am starting to leave the office at 7pm instead of the supposed official 5.30pm. Tomorrow would be a really short day, what with a fire drill and early knockoff because of the firm's annual D&D. Am invited by Mr. Orientation Officer to join some of the colleagues for a karaoke session as they kill some time after work and before the D&D, that'll probably be quite fun. Hopefully cute dude A will come along as well too, hee.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?