<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 26, 2003

 
My Christmas week this year has been among one of the
most eventful ones in recent memory,
not that my family celebrate Christmas religiously* at all. But like all good Christians,
we too make use of the occasion as a time for family
togetherness - gathering at a cousin's place for some food and good cheer.
The neighbor's kids came over as well,
three cute Eurasian boys with a strange penchant for pickled olives.
The adults played mahjong, I played with the kids.
We should do this more often. I
suppose as I age, family bonding does matter more
(Gawd, I feel old already).
On another note, blood
has been a common theme throughout the festivities.
#1 On Christmas eve, I took a sip of Bloody Mary and realized
I prefer sticking to vodka lime. Tomato and vodka just don't mix fine.
Gimme alcholic drinks or juice anytime,
but please, one at a time.
#2 At about 11am on Christmas day, I nearly sliced
a piece of my fingertip off along with the red pepper I was chopping up.
I cannot imagine how a person would feel if his arm is chopped off by
a sword (as painfully demonstrated by Sophie Fatale) .
Till now I can still feel the lingering sensation of sharp knife edge
slicing into flesh.
It so freaking hurts.
#3 Post-Christmas on Boxing Day, I watched how Gollum bit off a bloody
portion of Frodo's finger. It
made me seem a whinny pussy in comparison.


* We are non-Christians with multiple Christian associations.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?