<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, December 06, 2003

 
Yesterday was one exciting day, mostly because it doesn't resemble much of a work day since we stopped working at about 3pm. Work didn't envelope me like usual and I had a really decent swingin' good time. At the karaoke session, two of us, the interns, then got invited to the firm's D&D that night because there were some extra seats and we both need to get dinner anyhow. It could just be my department or maybe I was one unwitting witness (pleasantly surprised!) to the legendary DTT culture, the Ritz Carlton event turned out to be really wild with drunkards and dancing and drinks and more drinks. Never mind that it was at the table that I realized cute dude A is married and has a months-old kiddo. Still an eye-candy but I know he is out-of-bounds. Not as if I would try on something funny if he is still single, but I like to keep a mental note that he is already taken. And never mind that the host sucks with his not-that-funny jokes (come to think of it, he was funny at times), I'd enjoyed myself tremendously. It was hilarious being with Mr. Orientation Officer (a.k.a. Brother Bear/ Koda/ Shinchan) since he made me laugh alot. He took good care of us - making sure we weren't forced to drink beer and also bringing us around to meet the man-at-the-helm (cigar included) and couple more partners/senior managers. In the end, he was the one getting kind of groggy cos he had so much, some on our behalf. My first week there and I conclude: Nice bunch. Next week we have decided to go chill out abit after work one day. The only one thing that probably wasn't so neat is that female colleagues don't thaw to the interns as much while the guys are on the whole, easy-going and friendly. Most female colleagues talk to us only solely on the basis of long-overdued filing and cheap labor happens to look very appealing. Not that I mind filing, I do not see why the dudes could explain patiently to me (even for a short while) why I am doing particular tasks yet the females cannot spare a single moment. Talk about gender differences.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?