<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 20, 2004

 
From Bites of the Week (13-19 Mar 2004):

Singapore is the most desirable place for expatriates to live in Asia, according to a survey. To distinguish the island from alternative locations like rival Hong Kong, the Singapore government "has gone out of its way to create a comfortable living environment for expatriates", said Hong Kong-based Political and Economic Risk Consultancy (PERC) in a study on 12 Asian countries. Singapore needs to import foreign talent to promote development of its bioscience and advanced education sectors and keep them on the cutting edge. These expatriates are frequently well paid, and Singapore is "doing a good job" in making sure they live in a more comfortable environment than alternative locations like San Francisco and Sydney, it said.


My conviction (perceived stubbornness perhaps) dictates that I believe otherwise, until I see it for myself. Some friends from Europe once laughed at my desire to work abroad. Why go to some place with overpriced food, inefficient transportation system, higher costs of living, numerous strikes, bad weather and expensive housing when we are all coming here to live the good life, they said.

The bad news has to be that I am living in ooh, expat heaven. How I probably would have to settle for some 'second-rate' city if I am to work abroad one day, and the thought of it so bothers me. Right, as if. Just like how I know no amount of travelling will bring me to the best airport since I am already at its departure hall. By the way, I got ma mom to thank for yesterday. For further hardening my resolve to reach out to my dream.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?