<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, May 29, 2004

 
From arts.telegraph.co.uk:

"Am I beautiful? It depends on the day, it depends on my life. Beauty is not something you can count on. Usually, when people say you are beautiful, it is when there is a harmony between the inside and the outside. When you are happy and in love and when you have children, then maybe you are beautiful." says Emmanuelle BĂ©art.


If this is the definition of beauty, I think, it is still humanly possible for me to work towards it; comforting only because it is not unachievable. In fact, this is the definition each of us knows in our hearts yet we remain slaves to the defined minority. Commercial modifications societal comparisons would run dry only if all women can come to accept it this way. This is not a standard set against other people's expectations, I define myself and so I feel. The true meaning of beauty, I probably need to convince myself some more.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?