<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 26, 2004

 
All views micro and macro
 
I am ashamed of those people I call family. Of their actions and ignorance. I now live with the consequences, it hurts frustrates suffocates. I wish I am the one instead, at the receiving end of this discrimination. Baseless and unfounded prejudice has fired its rounds and claimed its victims. This is the average Singaporean family's modest ceremonial offering in time for the upcoming National Day. As usual, celebrations are characterized by a politically-correct show of multi-ethnic unity accompanied by the artificial harmony of multi-language community songs. Hypocrites, we are. And we are reluctant to admit it. Our country has a problem, yet we don't try solving it; we just cover it up and hope it'll go away.
 

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?