<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 08, 2004

 
They look so good, don't let me return them, unread.

I went to the neighborhood library today and emerged with the following books in hand:

James Mayall "World Politics - Progress and Its Limits"
Ahmed Rashid "Taliban - Islam, Oil and the New Great Game in Central Asia"
Catherine Atkinson, et al. "Oriental - Complete Cookery"
Octavio Paz "In Light of India"
John Follain and Rita Cristofari "Zoya's Story - An Afghan Woman's Struggle for Freedom"
John A Jacobsohn "An Introduction to Political Science"

Notwithstanding I have got the below titles lying about, as I've just realized, camouflaged in the mess I call my room.

AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada "Introduction to Bhagavad-gita"
Mark Bowden "Black Hawk Down"
Yisrael Gutman and Michael Berenbaum (ed.) "Anatomy of the Auschwitz Death Camp"
Henry Clarke Warren "The Life of the Buddha"
JRR Tolkien "The Lord of the Rings"
Michael Kahn, Ph.D. "Basic Freud"
John Campbell Oman "The Stories of the Ramayana and the Mahabharata"
Seymour Topping "The Peking Letter"
Joseph Heller "Catch-22"

I need time... to read all these, and do a whole lot of other things. Maybe indeed I've procrastinated too much and/ or have simply wasted my life away on one too many occasion of waking up at past noon. Perhaps, quite simply I just need to prioritize, like how I favor non-fictions over fictions. Then again, what's all this mad rush for? Why do we seem so busy yet in the end we turn out to be fussing over nothing?

I need time... to reflect on nothing, something and everything in general. Some (hopefully life-changing) revelations, post-India.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?