<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, August 30, 2004

 
One more reason why I would Not hire a maid to take care of my kids in future.

On my way home from mom's this afternoon, I was on the bus and saw a maid with two little girls, one about three/four years old and the other five/six. The older kid plonked onto a separate seat a little distance away, the maid didn't really care. Not my child, I'm just a paid helper.

The younger kid sat with the maid and she tried to tell the maid something. The maid wasn't interested to hear what she had to say, so she brushed her off with a condescending reply. The younger one got bored and started climbing standing fidgeting on the seat. It did not matter if the kid would fall or if she be told to sit properly. Not my child, I don't give a damn.

If the children were with their mother, I'm sure she wouldn't have been half as bored as the maid, nor would she have paid as little attention to her kids. Everyone knows taking care of children isn't just about feeding them or giving them toys. Little lives growing up, parents have no choice but to be responsible for guiding them, making sure they are cared for, loved and nurtured to the best of the parents' means.

I want to be a good mom, these are my kids we are talking about here. So well, to put it simply, I don't want them to be left in the hands of some maid. Some paid employee who is not concerned how they turn out. Not my child, I don't care what you do, just don't bother me too much.

Afterthought: God knows where this sudden spate of maternal instinct has sprung out from.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?