<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 09, 2004

 
Irony, in intentional progress

It usually holds true that the times you need a cab, your entire neighborhood also seems to be hailing cabs from the same stretch of road; while the times you don't, cabs pass by and offer to stop for you every five seconds. So the school bookstore does not stock up on a particular text I need; to order, I would need to wait a week (way too long) and it'll cost me almost $40 (way too much). I got a copy from the library and went to one of those shops that could help you photostat the entire book, cover to cover. The first copy shop I went to, actually rejected me because of recent crackdowns on textbook piracy. For fear of the next surprise raid by American publishers who look out for legal reference materials, the friendly owner told me that she did not want to risk a $13,000 fine and instead recommended me to go to one of the other copy shops nearby, which indeed agreed to make an infringing copy of my required text, entitled Intellectual Property Law.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?