<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 01, 2004

 
I know I've got something goin and I don't give a damn how they've chosen to judge me.

I was called up for an interview yesterday and got blasted for my views on race issues in singapore. On why the situation is what it is today, one of the interviewers asked, attitude or ignorance. I said, a combination of both but more of ignorance. As I later walked out of the building, I realized, it had started off with ignorance but the attitude which stems from it is poisoning the mind so much that non-realization will deliver the final blow. Never mind I did not manage to say that when it mattered, at least I did try and I know I am passionate to my cause. This attempt is for you two, N and Mr P, who each have opened my eyes to issues I'd failed to see till only in recent months. Interestingly, Kirpal came by american studies class today and coincidentally talked about issues along the same line. So well, this issue could possibly be more deeply entrenched than I'd thought. A pity how the interviewers seem to see it as a couple of isolated incidents that I read too deeply into, at least this is the impression I got from those seven or so minutes with them.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?