<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 25, 2004

 
Mom.

Yesterday, mom threw away this empty 1.5-litre mineral water bottle I'd been keeping since 21 march this year. The previous coupla times she had attempted to do so were matched with violent protests from me. This time I'd relented without much commotion. Maybe it's a better thing because I don't think I would be able to bring myself to throw it away on my own; that empty bottle perhaps being the sore physical reminder that her daughter had yet to let go of the past. In doing so, I think it does make her feel relieved/ better. The least I could do since I haven't been the best daughter all this while. While I'm on a sappy topic I might as well come clean on the fact that I haven't hug my mom since I was a kid, that is, until the mar incident where we hugged/ both cried and she told me to be strong because it pained her to see me in such a bad shape. Considering that my family is typically asian and physical acts of care concern aren't usually openly expressed, that was probably the only time in recent history I felt the emotions of the mom-child bonding.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?