<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, November 08, 2004

 
On human qualities, questioning the right to love and be loved.

What does it mean - the right man, the love of your life - the concept is absurd; the idea that we can only be complete with another person - is evil right?

I'd heard this from the trailer of a movie J and I so want to catch one of these days. Perhaps it is absurd, though I must admit I have been subscribing to the idea. Rethink the logic? Have I been so mindless to persecute myself be hard on myself put myself down feel inferior - a willing victim to an outdated theory without basis?

"Is being in a relationship so important to me?" I was asked.

Brief pause. Only because the question had hit me at my weaker spots.

Yes, but not like I can't live without it. (How else would I get by these post-pubescence years?) I do get by quite fine most times. Thank you.

Among everything else, it's always pleasant to know there is someone who will still be there for you in bad times, who sees you for who you really are (beneath), who listens to your incessant comments when no one else would, who laughs with you (not at you) during your silliest antics, who shares your joys (in pure sincere happiness), and who, just with his mere presence, comforts you. Also, to know that you are able to do the same for him. We need reassurances sometimes. I think I am still searching for mine.

(Am I asking for too much? Is this idealism overdose?)

We practise double standards, especially in love.

Some guy from school asked me the other day what I'd thought of him and why I'd thought lowly of soon-to-be 'successful' men like him. How do I tell him he forms part of the reason, the epitome of the local rat-race version of ideal success - that so puts me off, without being rude? Why is it that when people we deem unattractive seem vaguely interested in us we retreat at the slightest confrontation, shout harrassment! Why the repulsion, who are we to judge, why do we not feel as flattered?

I think we are more forgiving to the ones we love. Think about it, it's true; consider if we are not obliged to be nice to persons for any reasons,

this has to be the rationale behind.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?