<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 16, 2004

 
Same people new positions, so termed industry dynamism.

I just got back from a dinner supper wit ex-colleagues from citibank at geylang. So much had changed since I left them last august as an intern. It was nice catching up at a gathering made possible by L who'd just returned from taipei for a coupla-week break. Yesterday we had met up in town then headed off to sixth avenue for some (more) beer, but tonight was wholesome - strictly green tea only. On the way home, we drove past some of the seedier parts of geylang, especially to educate me I was told, frankly I have never seen so many hookers before and it's rather hard to believe we are still in squeaky-clean singapore. I guess there are plenty of things I'm still ignorant about. Anyway L is advising me to apply for a job out of singapore, or at one of the bigtime govt-linked corporates instead of just looking out for local positions in banks. Wit them I'll probably get more opportunities to venture overseas, which is what I really want, and on better terms as a fresh graduate. Well fresh grads don't have much terms to bargain on, for sure, it's just a matter of how low one can go in sacrificing remuneration for overseas experience. And I certainly have L as a model for daring to live out his dreams take the plunge and who now lives a much satisfying life than before. No regrets.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?