<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

 
I think I would look good in waitressy green.

All thanks to the indonesian girl, a catherine look-alike, who'd just returned from her scandinavian siesta, we went to D's for a long-anticipated hearty peranakan dinner. A pity he wasn't cooking, tonight D was waiting on tables, clearing tables, taking orders, juggling dishes and claypots the entire time we were there as we dug into delicious servings of nasi kuning, sambal kangkong, ayam buah keluak, honey pork and ikan masak assam pedas. Thumbs up for the fresh lime juice which is a refreshing thirst quencher, not too sweet just perfect. Finishing off the meal, I can't say I like the local desserts as much though because I find them overly sweet; too bad I'm not blessed wit a sweet tooth like J and gang, heh. So well, D you've got me hooked on peranakan delicacies. We'll be back, but you have to cook for us following round!

P.s. Next up in restaurant reviews, we have The marmalade pantry as soon as I can afford it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?