<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 25, 2005

 
A mess of things I want to blurt that I conveniently title as an update.

In one of its periodic reminders to not take an existence for granted, my commenting tool is down yet again. Recent days have been more than I can handle, yet I still am holding out well. I guess I am good on my way to testing threshold limits.

1. The party was great although I'm still not sure how it ended except that A had graciously sent me home even though he had an early morning flight to catch. A fuzzy wuzzy of china-and-its-renegade-state discussions, meeting the boss himself, an impressive ah beng sushi master and his equally impressive sushis/sashimis almost matched up to the all-important ego-boosting self-challenging living proof that I could hold out beyond 4 (without puking but not any better). I woke up nearly in cold sweat the next morning not sure if I had caused A to miss his flight, bah! only because we had lingered at the venue longer than we should have. Catch you around when you're back and thanks for all the great times you've spent with the penniless punk. The times of ex-penniless punk bringing old geezer around to interesting places will come in due course.

2. I haven't had my nose out in the news much so I wouldn't have known if not for C saying he couldn't get his postcard sent out to me because of political instability. Good to hear from someone in the midst that he is safe and it is "not safe for politicians they have been captured by opposition forces... it's something awfull.. but thanks to God they won't touch the students".

Update: C suspects osce/american masterminds financing the opposition. A new twist to conspiracy theories where drunken marauders (on vodka from 'humanitarian aid american FedEx'-labelled boxes) are plundering the cities and the opposition in power is deliberately acting slowly to stop the lootings.

3. Indeed I'm always slow to news of all sorts. If not for a random flip of a not-so-recent issue of fortune magazine at the world bank office, I would not have known about this or that adri is actually this this big. Probably not much of a surprise even though I've been a faithful follower of her blog for a while now since I'm not so into tech or gadgets or apple's next new toy(s) and routinely skimmed through her tech entries most times. I can appropriately admit that while I aim to be geeky, I am but a few lifetimes away from attaining the lowest levels of tech geek-dom.

4. How can I be into romance of the three kingdoms albeit tv drama version? But into this I am. As a matter of fact, I have been prioritizing recent episodes over impending deadlines. Never since outlaws of the marsh have I been so fascinated by chinese classics. Out of all the chinese literary classics, I can gladly say these are the only two that thoroughly interest me; perhaps strange for a female. Then again, I was the strange female who wanted to join the army at 19 and still thinks west point is more prestigious than harvard.

5. If this is a real job, I can bet on my version of life-time savings that it is definitely on the line. I just realize I'd procrastinated too much in the past week and that my article is supposed to be published in monday's papers. As if things aren't bad enough, I received a chirpy email from my editor that reads "Dudes and Dudettes, will be away for short trip this weekend (yay, i get a life!) so will not be avail via mob phone. Wait till mon if u need to get me okay? Kum Siahs & Hugs". Nice timing for murphy's law to occur when my article is supposed to help publicize an event happening on tuesday. If this isn't certain death, I don't know what else will be.

Ok I lied, things like not finishing two papers/ preparing for respective presentations on the first two days of coming week and not having started on a term paper due on coming thursday very well can make it into the list.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?