<$BlogRSDUrl$>



No trespassing beyond this point
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, July 14, 2005

 
Recount, the final leg.

I reached HK knowing I never wanted to leave beijing at all if I could help it.

I hated HK, less the lovely family friend who had put us up at her apartment and made us feel at home. Not that I wasn't much of a shopping girl. The shopping paradise moniker seemed overexaggerated, either that or I wasn't in the right districts.

Putting aside all reasons for not wanting to leave beijing, HK is still too crowded, too.. alright, I can't exactly put my finger onto something concrete. I almost missed my flight back and left HK in a hurry I never expected, but thank god for the brilliant cathay staff who put me back on. I just will refuse to return to the place, unless absolutely necessary in the near future.

Yesterday I came upon a dog-eared version of The heart is a lonely hunter in the neighborhood mall near my grandma's place - the book talked about in a movie I'd watched on board the flight home. I had to get it, read for myself the novel written by the author when she was but 23 too.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?